Health begins in your colon, so it’s important to keep it clean. Colon hydrotherapy is one of the best ways that can help improve your body’s overall health and wellness, and keep your body in tip top condition. Everyone, young, old, male or female can benefit from the treatment and you don’t need to be ill to gain those amazing health benefits.
Cleansing the colon with the use of hydrotherapy is not a new concept. Forms of colonic irrigation have been used successfully for decades to relieve chronic toxicity and even acute cases of toxemia.
Alternative practitioners advise that we probably should have one bowel movement for every meal that we eat. If not, then we are not eliminating wastes completely, and if input exceeds output, then we will surely suffer the consequences at some point.
Colon hydrotherapy can be beneficial to people who suffer from the following conditions:
- Sluggish colon
- Back ache, stiffness, sore joints
- Bad breath
- Bloated stomach
- Leaky gut
- Earaches, sinus problems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
- Irritability & depression
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Prostrate problems
- Poor circulation
- Persistent colds
- Skin problems – eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, acne, liver spots, etc
- Spastic colon
Along with other suitable measures Colon Hydrotherapy can be useful during:
- Cleansing regimes
- Liver/gall flushes
- Weight loss programmes
Normally, several treatments will be required to achieve desired results regarding the elimination of impacted matter, and restoration of bowel regularity. Initially only gas and recent faecal matter may be expelled. Impacted faecal matter can cause an imbalance of the natural organisms that normally populate the bowel, causing what is known as dysbiosis.
Decomposing matter can cause a toxic condition and may lead to many health problems, as constipation causes backed up pollution of the body cells. The process of repair and elimination of wastes enters a downward spiral, which at best will cause fatigue, lack of energy and premature ageing, and, at worst, can cause degenerative diseases, among them allergies, and even cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
Removing large amounts of toxic matter relieves the patient and can lead to the alleviation of symptoms such as arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, candidiasis, diverticulitis, Crohn’s disease, leaky gut syndrome, heart problems, migraine, allergies, bad breath, acne and other skin problems such as psoriasis, asthma, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer, particularly of the bowel, a host of other illnesses.
Colonic irrigation can help restore normal peristaltic action to a sluggish bowel, thus reducing the need for more hydrotherapy treatments over time. In addition, removing the layer of faecal matter which coats the intestines in many individuals allows improved assimilation of the nutrients from foods and can alleviate symptoms of vitamin and other nutrient deficiencies.
The Detoxifying health benefits of colon hydrotherapy:
- Elimination of undigested food
- Decreased bloating
- Increased energy
- Improved digestion
- Reduction of heartburn and indigestion
- Improved sleep
- Improved metabolism
- Decrease in food cravings
- Restoring PH balance to the body
- Improved Immune system
- Increased assimilation of nutrients to the blood
Colon Hydrotherapy is specifically indicated where improvement is need to:
- Reduce risk of colon cancer
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time, (our clinic is always fully booked so late arrivals unfortunately do result in a shorter treatment time).
- Please download BOTH consultation forms (Client Questionnaire and Contraindications) complete them and bring the completed forms with you to your appointment
- Do not have a heavy meal 1 – hours hours prior to the treatment
- Drinking as much water as you can comfortably is important – do NOT over-compensate by guzzling a gallon of water a few hours before your treatment or you are likely to constantly want visit the bathroom.
& Single Treatment
- 1 x 75 mins
- A single treatment can begin to help stimulate the colon. Best results are gained by doing the Beginners Package which works out cheaper.
- 1 x 75 mins - (£70 - 1st treatment)
1 x 60 mins - (£65 - 2nd treatment)
- We have designed this package specifically for those who have never had a colonic treatment and want to make substantial changes in their digestive health. This package must be taken within one week for best results.
- Sessions are: 1 x 75 mins & 3 x 60 mins (£62.50 per treatment)
- Four Colon hydrotherapy treatments that need to be taken within 2 months. We recommend this package specifically for those who suffer from constipation, diarrhoea, IBS, bloating, Candida, and other yeast infections and parasites. Also great for those who are wanting to support their fitness or weight loss programme.
- Sessions are 1 x 75 mins & 5 x 60 mins (£59.00 per treatment)
- Six Colon hydrotherapy treatments that need to be taken within 3 months. We recommend Optimum Maintenance packages to all those who have stressful employment, spend a lot of time sitting or driving, live in an aeroplane, have to change time zones and work on a project basis. This investment of time and money may help prevent degenerative diseases and will help you cheat the flow of time by making you look and feel younger than you would if you did nothing.
Single Treatments – After the initial consultation and treatment, all individual treatments will be charged at £65.00
Colonic hydrotherapy or irrigation is a gentle internal bath using warm, purified water that can help to eliminate stored faecal matter, gas, mucus and toxic substances from the colon. A practice dating from around 1500 B.C., colonics can also help retonify and reshape the colon.
However, colonics have a much broader effect than simply cleansing the colon.
Additional benefits can often be observed throughout the body in the form of clearer skin, more energy and mental clarity, fewer headaches, improvement in circulatory, immune and weight problems and many other positive side effects. Many people are referred to colonic practitioners by other alternative medicine therapists including homeopaths, acupuncturists, herbalists, etc., since by detoxifying the system using colonics, these therapies tend to be more efficacious. More and more often, mainstream physicians recommend colon hydrotherapy treatments to their patients.
Your visit to a colonic therapist will involve the taking of your case history followed by an explanation of the procedure. The colonic itself will take about 45 minutes during which time water will be gently introduced into the colon via the rectum whilst your therapist uses special massage techniques to stimulate the release of stored matter. Your modesty is preserved at all times. Herbal and probiotics implants may be used and your practitioner may advise beneficial dietary changes to further enhance your treatment.
Yes. The water is introduced at a low gentle pressure, in order to gently stimulate the bowel muscle. All equipment we’ll use on you is disposable and will never be used on anyone else. Unlike the use of laxatives, colon hydrotherapy is not habit forming and may improve the tone of the colon.
Colonic hydrotherapy is a tool. It is a powerful tool that gives you a head start in improving your diet, lifestyle and exercise regime. However, a tool is only as good as the person using it. If you use colonics to help your body improve, feel younger and work more effectively, then this is what you will achieve. However, if you use colonic as roadside assistance only, then you will achieve a short-term rather than a long-term improvement.
Colon hydrotherapy does not cause pain. At the start of the procedure, you may experience a “strange” sensation of wanting to go to the toilet, but most people get used to this feeling in the first few minutes, and even find the colonic treatment “unexpectedly relaxing”.
It all depends on your condition and on the results of the first colonic. If a condition has been building up for years, it is unlikely that it will disappear completely after 40-50 minutes of cleansing, but most people feel improvements after the very first session.
If you go on our maintenance programme between treatments, and you adopt dietary and lifestyle modifications, if they are required, then the number of colonics will be reduced, and the periods between colonics will be longer.
However if you find it easier to come to Wellbeing Now, get on with the treatment, and forget all about it till next time, we would recommend more frequent treatments, to maintain a higher level of health.
May be. Just bear in mind that you lose wastes only, not fat or cellulite. If you start eating less, increase your fibre intake, move more, chew better and drink more water, then you will achieve a healthy permanent weight loss.
Generally, you will be able to continue with your daily plans, drive, go back to work etc.
Some people feel energised straight away, some feel tired “in a nice way” – in the same way as one feels tired after a good workout, some feel lighter, some feel very hungry, some don’t feel like eating for hours afterwards….
In some instances people may feel quite tired as the detoxification process kicks in deeper, and in these instances we recommend coming for a repeat colonic without delay.
We don’t recommend eating heavy food and drinking alcohol, coffee or tea for 48 to 72 hours after the treatment, to get the full benefit of the detoxification process.
In the ideal world, if you lived on naturally fertile farmland and ate organic home-grown freshly cut vegetables, berries and fruit, fish from the river, natural live yoghurt etc you would not need any supplements (and, as a matter of fact, you would not need a detox programme either!)
However, in the real world we need to assist our bodies to self-cleanse, hence the need for supplementation.
Probiotic supplements are recommended to give a head start to the good bacteria, that populate our bowel and that ensure absorption by the body of nutrients and vitamins from our food.
Patrick Holford, Britain’s leading nutrition expert (author of the best-selling “Optimum Nutrition Bible”) says:
“ Supplements are needed to carry beneficial bacteria into the intestine to re-establish a healthy colony. The role of these Bifidobacteria is to increase acidity by producing lactic acid and acetic acid, and to inhibit undesirable micro-organisms that would compete against them… Tissues densely covered with beneficial organisms provide an effective blocking mechanism, deterring invading pathogens”.
Digestizyme and Soya Lecithin promote healthy digestion. Other supplements improve bowel tone, cleanse bowel walls, bulk up the stool, remove gases and provide quality and regularity of elimination.
We normally recommend only one or at most two supplements at a time, for relatively short periods of time, to help your body start working more efficiently. We get our supplements from reputable British and US suppliers, however most of them are still very inexpensive and present great value for money.
But even a full-blown supplementation programme will cost you per day less than a cup of cappuccino, a pint of lager or a glass of wine. Once you have invested a considerable sum of money into having a colonic, then low-cost maintenance definitely makes sense.
Yes you can. Please make sure you have a spare tampon or towel that you can use immediately after the treatment.
We would not recommend colonics during pregnancy unless it is recommended and performed by a qualified medical practitioner specialising in pregnancy.
You can have a colonic 10-12 weeks after a regular childbirth, unless you had complications or a caesarean. You need to decide for yourself whether your body has recovered enough from the shock of the childbirth Make sure your stitches have healed fully, talk to your doctor or nurse if in doubt.
You can have a colonic while you are nursing.
Most people do not find it difficult to drive back after their colonic treatment.
We use the latest models (portable and fixed) of CE-approved Aqua-Clinic Class 1 Medical Device, probably the gentlest colon hydrotherapy device with a great hydrating ability, designed and manufactured in the UK to comply fully with UK water board and health and safety requirements.
We also use infrared massagers, lymph drainage devices and abdominal heated pads to make sure your treatment is pleasant and comfortable.
What is unique about the equipment we use?
- The systems are incredibly gentle: there is regulation of both temperature and pressure during the whole treatment.
- The equipment does not require electric current for its use; which makes it suitable for EMF-sensitive clients.
- We use double filtration for incoming water: carbon and particle filter making sure the water we use on you is as fresh and clean as possible.
- Both systems are easy to operate and give the therapist the flexibility to add massage, reflexology or energy work to treatments.
- Fully disposable kits are used with both systems.
You certainly don’t need to. We use fully disposable kits: water line, waste line, speculum, undergarments, robe and incapads. You are covered all the time. The toilet and changing rooms are en-suite to ensure your complete privacy.